Thursday, June 16, 2011

Where Do You Draw Your Strength From

Some people might say money, job, family, friends or God. I was asked this question from someone I was close to and it has me thinking a lot. Sometimes life can cause one to wonder "what is going on?" Nothing ever seems to go right and when I seek help, there is no one to help.

I, myself have been through a lot in the past and there are still things that are happening that are out of my control. With all the troubles that come in my life, it is God who I draw my strength from. I think there is an importance of knowing where we draw our strength. We should look to God as our source of strength. God can bring others into our life to encourage us, but when there is no one else, God will always be our strength. No matter what you go through, look to Him, who is a Comforter.

Bible Verses:

Psalms 28:7  The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him

Psalms 18:2  The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my delieverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower

2 Samuel 22:33  God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect

Psalms 27:1  The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalms 46:1  God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment