Sunday, May 8, 2011

Say What You Mean and Mean What You Say

This came up in conversation the other day with someone and is somewhat still on my mind.... not because I do not believe the person I had this conversation with, because I do, but because I believe there are other's in my life that are not being completely honest with me.

The conversation was in regards to the following question:

How do you know when someone is truly being honest in regards to things they say to you as to their feelings towards you, the relationship or a specific situation?

I suppose one will never really know if what is said is sincere. All you can do is trust that person and take what they are saying to be the truth. However, time and time again I have trusted someones' words or feelings only to hear in the end "I just did not want to hurt you" or "I thought thats what you wanted to hear".....

Screw that... I am a big girl, I am not a child... All I ever ask from those close to me is to be honest in how they feel. Even if they think it might hurt me. Sure my feelings may be hurt a bit at that moment but it's better to be a little hurt at that point rather than be hurt more, at the end of the buildup of the bullshit!...

As for the "I thought that's what you wanted to hear" line.... that is a load of crap. I don't know how those of you reading this feel, but all I WANT to hear is the TRUTH! Sure it's nice to hear sugarcoated feelings or niceities about oneself, but it stings when the actions of a person do not seem to coincide with their words! It also bites when you find evidence of those words to be lies which is extremely frustrating because the person couldn't just tell you themself, which there in turn, leads to resentments.

I stand behind the saying "Say what you mean and mean what you say"! I believe those that can't do so, are cowardly.

Stop trying to be the "nice" person all the time that is just trying to make everyone smile, unless of course you are actually being sincere in your "niceness" toward someone.

You may think this blog is being written towards just intimate relationships, but this is not the case. My feelings on this subject apply towards ALL relationships. Family, Friends, etc......

Just my thoughts... Perhaps I am over-tired and not making much sense but I for some reason felt I had to get that off my mind and now perhaps I can get some much needed sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment