Sunday, May 8, 2011

What Is Love?

Love has so many definitions to it and sometimes it can be confusing to the wondering minds. I find that I have a very set thought about what love is and how I let it be applied to my life. Love to me is something that will appear when its ready. I am not one to go out and search for it and I will let love find me. I would like to think that when I love someone and I tell them and they tell me in return they love me they actually mean it. There are so many times where the love word is just thrown around and there are no feelings behind it.
There are different types of love. You have the love of a family member, the love of a child, the love for friend and the love you have for your companion. Well, I know that I have love for some people that are just friendship and then I have the love that is specifically for that one guy I am with. This love is unconditional, I would do just about anything for this person.

When I tell the guy I am with that I love him. That is not the friendship kind of love or the family kind of love. It's the love that I can see going beyond a few weeks, months and it is a lasting love. In my lifetime, I have told three guys I love them. I don't like to use that word lightly because it carries a lot of strong feelings and emotions. And normally the guys I tell that I love them are the ones that I can see myself with for a while. And the ones I have said I love you to are the ones that I have been with for years. I don't use the word very lightly and when I say I love you, I know that I mean it.

I don't consider love to be something expected in return unless you were meaning it. I have been burned by love so many times and I am still standing here in search for love and I have found it with that one person. I love him unconditionally and I would do anything for him. Love is not about sex, money, possesions. Its about the feelings you have for one another.

I think I am in a relationship where the person says he loves me but its hard to know how he truly feels because anyone can throw around the word love.  I am not sure if I find it easy or not, I feel like the relationship I am in .. is one that will be destined to fail because it has no strong foundation. Our relationship started out as any other relationship and then it quickly went farther than I thought it would... and when I slowed it down things were more complicated. I feel like he loves me when its easy for him. Do I dare ask him what love is to him and what kind of love he has for me? Or would I get an answer that would completely devestate me and cause more heartache.

Sometime I wonder if love is even worth anything at all. I am so tired of men saying that the love me but they end up using me or hurting me. Are you one of those?

No comments:

Post a Comment