Sunday, May 8, 2011

Unconditional Love

Being in love is an altered state. Suddenly your life is focused on another person and you can't bear being separated from him or her. You are in a bubble of fantasy, feeling overcome and giddy. Love for another person, in contrast, is closer to appreciation and affection. Love is fairly reasonable, while being in love is more like a prolonged seizure, not literally sick or crazy, but one of those ordinary, positive ecstasies that take you out of ordinary life and introduce you to something new. Some people think that being in love is an illusion and that it only leads to catastrophe because you can't make a good decision from that place. But I think that being in love is one of the great joys of life. It brings people together and gives them the kick they need to get over obstacles in their developing relationship. Yes, you can make bad decisions because of love's blindness, but you can also make good ones. We all need an extra jolt of passion to get over our inhibitions and move a step further into what life has to offer.

That person that said that was you and now I wonder how you feel now saying those words?
To whom it may concern...

I have become a lost cause. Love is a losing game and I play the hopeless/helpless romantic. I have become a lost cause...losing much of myself in the process of loving you. I loved till it was painful, remembering how pleasurable it was. I suppose that is where the messages got mixed up. I was no longer living in the first days of bliss…the reality of us has drastically change.

I followed my heart blindly and was left at a standstill. Constantly feeling like I was going nowhere with you. I have crept into the darkest depths of my being. Knowing you is to know me. There has always been more sadness than happiness between us. That has been your choice. Regardless of this tiresome affair...I believed (in us). I know part of you did too. You deny me repeatedly and I have finally worn away. Without question, reservations, or limits I gave you my soul. Unconditionally loving you with my reckless heart and giving you all I could. I believed--I believe you were the one. My one and only desire, because to me what we had felt right from the beginning.

I could never grasp the true meaning of unconditional love. I thought the idea was foolish. Now I know. It has been a test of my will and devotion. Disappointment has not left me bitter. I have been patient but trust me...life indeed goes on. I only hope the memories of you pass. I understand that I had to go through this to learn from all my past wrongs. I have hurt many and I deserved everything I have received from you. It has made me a better person.

I don't know if I have anything left to give, for you have drained the best out of me. Through the rights and wrongs, the good and bad--I loved you. Never had an end in sight, thought this was forever. I pray that one day you experience what I have in its entirety. I hope you learn the lessons I have come to learn. I wonder will you ever feel for someone the way I have felt for you, unconditionally. It is a hard jagged pill to swallow, knowing that you have had feelings for someone in a way that words could never describe.

Someone once shared their thoughts on what love was to them….

No comments:

Post a Comment